Getting off the Rollercoaster - Going for Adoption

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The telephone rang!

R's cousin and his partner (the one who lost her baby last December at 24 weeks) had dropped by yesterday evening on their way home from Devon. They had been to River Cottage to learn about pig butchering (they live in Darkest Wales and keep pigs) and while on the course had somehow managed to win a bottle of champagne. We decided to open it straightaway (of course!) and had settled down in the living room around the fire when the phone rang.

Music was playing and at gone 8pm on a Tuesday evening I wasn't expecting a call from KT. Once I realised who it was I nearly hit the ceiling.

"I don't really know how to start. . . " she began
"Just talk to me!" I squeaked.

And she told us there is a possible match.
A little boy, nearly a year old.

AND WE ARE NOT TO GET EXCITED OR GET OUR HOPES UP BECAUSE THIS IS ONLY VERY EARLY STAGES AND THIS PARTICULAR AGENCY IS VERY UNRELIABLE.

So I am not excited at all, (can you tell?) but WE HAVE A MEETING TO FIND OUT MORE FROM KT TOMORROW MORNING.

Must go to work now!

5 Comments:

  • OK YOU CAN STAY CALM AND WE WILL GET EXCITED! YAAY!

    By Blogger Thalia, at 4:14 pm  

  • wow - more later - am balancing baby but very excited for you.
    dinod

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 pm  

  • I do so hope this works out for you guys. Good luck tomorrow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 pm  

  • Good luck!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear what happens.

    By Blogger Tracy, at 5:20 pm  

  • Hope you can hear me squealing all the way down the West Coast Main Line!

    By Blogger DrSpouse, at 6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home