Getting off the Rollercoaster - Going for Adoption

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

“No ticket for you, my girl” – or - “Never trust a smiling cat”

Well, it makes a change from “not bloody pregnant again this month. Bugger.”

I so nearly dared to say in yesterday’s post that I was feeling positive about a positive this month. There is certainly no doubt that we were TTC at the right time etc etc. I had my surefire symptom of going off tea. For a whole day and a half I just couldn’t drink tea – it tasted disgusting, which really is the only consistent symptom I have ever had for any pregnancy, bizarre as it sounds. But the pee-stick wasn’t having any of it, and my temperature took a drop this morning.

I am so disappointed. R was lovely, and said “never mind, I still believe it will happen. Don’t give up”. But it didn’t quite sound sincere to me. I wanted just to get back in bed and stay there, but I had a presentation to do at 8.30 this morning, so a duvet day really wasn’t an option.

Sometimes another month just seems like an eternity.

4 Comments:

  • Oh, I know. I hate missing any cycle just in case it was the one. I'm sorry you had yet another disappointment - and that your body was playing tricks on you.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 9:29 am  

  • Oh, Vivien, I'm sorry. It's worse when our hopes are up, and are then crushed.

    Your last post was so true, and so sad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 pm  

  • I'm sorry for the no ticket... this stinks. I hate that your body played tricks on you... Know ultimately I'm thinking of you and reading...

    By Blogger Sami, at 3:33 pm  

  • I'm so sorry about the negative peestick, Vivien. That's always disappointing, but especially after having symptoms that make you suspicious that the peestick may be positive. Hang in there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home