Getting off the Rollercoaster - Going for Adoption

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Missed the boat (but got on the early train)

I had a bad feeling yesterday morning – I took my BBT, and it was significantly higher than the day before, which had already been slightly higher that the day before that.
You don’t have to be a genius to work out that I had ovulated already.
And missed it.
The wanding confirmed my own prognosis, so no Ovitrelle injection – just the instruction to get straight home and get fertilising. Though the ‘window’ had probably passed anyway.

I just can’t believe I have been so STUPID! On normal cycles I am so switched on to all the signs, and often use OPKs too, and this time around I just bypassed all that stuff and thought my body would wait for the Ovitrelle – as if it would just know. Trust me to run a short(er) cycle just when I wasn’t supposed to.

And on top of all that I got dumped off a train because I had got on an earlier train than I had booked to come home. Perfect ending to a truly crap (and very expensive) day. And why the hell is it that if you miss your train and get on a later one, that is perfectly OK, but if you get finished a bit sooner than you thought it involves paying as much as your original ticket cost in supplement? God I hate them and their petty attitudes.

(Please do not answer the above question, as the man from First Great Western did answer me, but did NOT make me feel any better at all.)

2 Comments:

  • Hi Vivien. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was just catching up with you and I am so sorry that you missed the timing of the trigger. The clinic should have kept a better eye on you. I hope there is a chance you did the deed naturallly and therefore it does not matter if you missed it??

    You have all my sympathies with train travel!

    By Blogger Pamplemousse, at 9:18 am  

  • Thanks for your comment on my blog, Vivien.
    What a crappy day you had! I can imagine how frustrated you must be about missing your ovulation this month. Ugh! I hope that next month will go much better for you. Hang in there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home