Getting off the Rollercoaster - Going for Adoption

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Clever cat?

Thank you for the support re the Christening. It was a bit tearful but I don’t think anyone but R noticed. The baby was asleep throughout.

Now, what do we know about cats? My cat Roger ALWAYS favours my R's lap, but has suddenly changes his colours and jumped on me and settled down to snooze twice yesterday evening.

Is this grasping at straws, or might he (she - sorry, this is the cat with the gender issues) know something I don’t yet? I have heard something about cats behaving strangely having significance, but have no idea really. Any good stories out there?

Had a fabulous weekend with R. We cycled for two days through stunning countryside. On night # one we camped and woke the next morning with stiff backs and achy limbs but climbed back on the bikes to go for the prize – the luxury hotel accommodation with Michelin starred restaurant, amazing 10 course meal (sorry, I know that is immoral, but it was his 40th) and came home after hotel breakfast, a look around lovely Ludlow and then the biggest cream cake I have ever seen! (Not me, R!)

Then back to work on 06/06/06, and things went quickly downhill. L, (colleague currently on maternity) whose pregnancy coincided with my 4th Miscarriage brought in her absolutely gorgeous baby girl, Sophie, to see us at work. I held her for a while and she was so adorable I thought I might turn into one of those mad old women who steal babies. I just kept thinking ‘this should be my baby, my baby, my baby . . . ‘ But she isn’t and I may never have one, and L is 30, beautiful and just 10 weeks after the birth has a flatter stomach than I have ever (or will ever) have. Is life fair? No, we know it’s not. Hey I don’t have space (or technical know-how!) for all the links to you to prove that.

Next it will be Aliza, she will give birth to baby Noa Grace in just over a week. Aliza at Babyfruit was the first ever blog I found, and the reason I started this one. In October last year she and I were both pregnant, both at 5 weeks, and both fearing we were about to go through a 5th miscarriage. I did, but she didn’t. I do wish her well with the birth, and hope that she will finally stop worrying!

My baby. Where’s my baby?

4 Comments:

  • The sixth was just the day from hell for so many of us, wasn't it? I'm not one for date significance but this is making me superstitious.

    I'm glad you had such a good break. I'm afraid I can't comment on the cats, though.

    I wish I knew where your baby was. Maybe mine and yours are both in the same place. Stupid babies. No sense of direction, or timing.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 10:42 am  

  • Yes, I really hope these kids get their act together and make their ways to you all soon. The wait for a child is the hardest (aside from all the ART efforts we put into getting them here), because we don't know if they will ever get here. I could wait knowing they'd come eventually. The madness sets in when you are trying and waiting, not knowing if it will ever pay off.

    I really hope you have your child, and soon. All my best wishes are with you. xoxoxox

    By Blogger Anna, at 5:52 pm  

  • Dear Vivien, I tried commenting on this yesterday, but Blogger wouldn't let me.

    I certainly hope your cat is on to something (besides your lap).

    Your weekend sounds absolutely fabulous. Sigh.

    As for the baby, here's an even bigger sigh. I do hope your baby finds you soon, my dear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 pm  

  • I have just spent the better part of my Friday evening reading your entire blog. I'm sorry for all of your losses. I started reading your blog at the very beginning and assumed for whatever reason that as I got closer to the present there would be a happy ending. I have just lost my first pregnancy. I am a 'rookie' if you will and whether I have recurrent ones or not I still don't know but I guess I wanted to say that I truly am sorry for your loss and having lived it only the one time... I can only imagine the sadness, sorrow, loss and grief that you feel. My grand-mother had six consecutive miscarriages and ended up have lots of beautiful healthy babies. I know that no words can comfort. Who says you can't be just like Madonna? F%ck them!

    By Blogger Murray, at 3:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home