Getting off the Rollercoaster - Going for Adoption

Friday, May 26, 2006

Home for a long weekend

Whoa - that all got a bit hairy - thank you everyone who left comments. I think we put the world to rights between us. By the way, I did not mean to imply that Juliet (sorry to bandy your name again) was one of the people who didn't react positively to IFs getting pregnant. That was just another branch of my wandering thought process. Sorry again.

The weekend is a long one - Monday is a bank holiday. I am not sorry to have an extra day away from work. Nearly got into another heated conversation this afternoon, but am determined not to let it show any more. If I continue to behave as though I don't care, eventually I believe I won't. And I am beginning to be a lot more 'actively looking' for alternative employment. All in my own time, though.

Sunday brings my (not) favourite - a Christening. I am afraid I am not religious, and (in spite of having had a church wedding, much to the surprise of close friends - and a bit of a long story) I actually find it very hard to do all that stuff. It's to do with personal integrity, honesty. My brother, some years ago, asked me to be godmother to his second daughter. I turned him down because I would have to have said stuff in church (renouncing evil and accepting JC etc) that I just couldn't do with a clear conscience. I still wonder if I should have done it anyway. But Aunty or godmother - I still love her just the same, and would always be there if I were needed.

The Christening this weekend is for the third child of one of R's school friends. He still has a whole bunch of schoolfriends who live quite locally - half of them married each other, so it is quite weird for me. I am the outsider - they haven't all known me since the age of 11. Lots of farmer types, and good fun and friendly enough, but half the time I haven't a clue what or who they are talking about! But R knows how I feel, and we will go because they are his friends whom we haven't seen for ages, but we shan't stay too long because there is a bit of potential for tears, and he does look after me.

So back to more positive things -
  • the fence to go around the perimeter of our garden was delivered this week, so we can put it up at the weekend and finally plant out the clematis and honeysuckles and various bits that can climb and start covering it up!
  • I forgot some of the veg in my last post - namely tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, garlic and onions (red ones from seed and white and yellow ones from sets) And R's absolute pride and joy - the asparagus bed - though no asparagus until at least next year, when the plants I grew from seed will be 3 year old crowns.
  • Is this turning into a gardening blog?
  • Oh who cares!
  • The delphiniums and foxglove are coming out too, and the peonies look about to burst open.
  • I think the rain might stop soon! At the risk of being VERY British and talking about the weather WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE SUMMER?

Oh and final last positive thing, it is a little early yet, but dammit, I am going to start TTC this weekend!!!!

Have a good one.

8 Comments:

  • You too, Vivien! Enjoy the bank holiday -- it's a good thing you'll have it to recover from the christening. I hear you on the potential for tears. Been there, done that, very recently. I hope it goes better than you expect.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 pm  

  • Enjoy TTC - have some wine (or not, depending on who you listen to), have some fun, relax, relax, relax. Wishing you all the best and sorry I've been out of touch! Finally realized I had accidentally forgot to add your blog to my list of blogs so will do so today. I'm home alone for the holiday as hubby goes hunting for grizzly bears (yes, it is true). Just staying relaxed. That is key for all of this, isn't it? Take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 am  

  • My dear, it's a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK and it's raining. This IS summer!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 pm  

  • I hope you have had a very productive time to make up for that christening. The garden sounds like it will be lovely.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 1:36 pm  

  • There is nothing wrong with going on about gardening. It has helped my blog limp along many a time when nothing was happening on the TTC front. I hope you survived the christening intact and are enjoying your day off.

    By Blogger Pamplemousse, at 4:22 pm  

  • I hope you had a great time TTC! I've been away fromy our blog for quite a while due to crazy schedules, so I'll have to get caught up. Hope the christening went well. I had to go to a funeral once after learing that an IVF cycle might have to be cancelled. At least the crying blended in unnoticed.

    By Blogger Anna, at 5:05 pm  

  • Hope the weekend was a productive one :-). I love the garden updates--I'm a gardener also. Sounds like we'll have a very similar crop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 pm  

  • I hope the TTC fest was fun!

    I also hope your holiday was simply fabulous! I had to work. Am slightly jealous of the trip. In a good way of course!

    By Blogger Sami, at 12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home